Configuration, Setup & Troubleshooting Guide
As part of any diagnostic process there are some basic, initial steps that have proven invaluable in solving many issues.
The following steps are reccomended before going any further with your trouble shooting.
Start by performing the following on your wireless camera:
- Format your SD card by using the camera menus and select the Format option.
- Load defaults on your camera by selecting the Default option. This will clear the memory and all settings will return to factory state. In many cases this will correct issues with internal memory or memory corruption within the camera program itself. You will then need to reinput your settings before proceeding to the next steps.
Does your camera actually have network access?
Camera Diagnostics is the first best step to verifying that your camera is ready to operate and is activated.
Verify your camera can find the network by turning it on and watching the view screen. It will search for a network. When found it will display the number of bars available or an X to indicate no connection. No connection can mean that your location has no signal or that your camera is not actually activated.
Important: Even seeing the number of bars will not neccessarily mean that your camera is activated.
The Camera Diagnostics Menu Options:
- Hello Test: This will verify that your camera is activated, has a signal and can reach the internet and the server.
- Data Reboot: This option, only available on Verizon models is used for activating the service and refreshing the Preferred Roaming List (PRL).
Important: Each of these tests require an activated camera that has signal.
Using the Camera Diagnostics Menu:
Verify that your camera is activated, can reach the internet and talk to the server using the following steps:
- After verifying there is a signal as described above, Press the Menu button.
- Select the Wireless Menu.
- Ensure Send mode is on Instant and Realtime control is On.
- Select the Diagnostic option and press OK.
- Select Hello Test and press OK once. Wait.
The Hello Test will display Test Successful if it is able to connect to the internet and contact the Server.
If the Hello Test fails, conduct a Data Reboot. This process will take 2 minutes. Once the screen clears, turn your camera off then back on to setup, wait to gain signal then attempt the Hello Test again. If this test fails then move to an area with better signal and try several more times.
If the Hello Test continues to fail then your camera may not be properly activated which means you will need to contact your carrier for support on your account. It can also mean that the web server may not be available. Verify this by navigating to this site in your browser by phone or computer.
How to Send a Test Picture
Follow these steps:
- From camera boot up, verify that you have a signal on the viewing screen. Wait for the camera to find the network and show the number of bars.
- Press the OK button twice. This will take a photo and send it.
- Watch the screen for status messages or error messages.
- You should see (Message Sent) if it is successful.
- Now go check the email account corresponding with the recipient that you input earlier.
- If you do not see the email, then look in a Junk Message Folder, or Trash Folder, just in case your email client or antivirus/antispam software treats the message as Spam.
How to Setup and configure the Web Portal
Here is a brief overview of the steps neccessary to get Premium functioning on your camera:
- Activate your camera.
- Register your camera using the camera menu options under Wireless Menu.
- Add your camera under Camera Management on the website.
These are the minimum steps to have premium completed and working. As the camera takes photos the images will be uploaded and stored on your Jager Pro Wireless Account for 30 days.
Important: Each night the oldest photos (31 days and older) will be automatically purged from the server.
This is a more detailed list of steps to complete your setup:
- Activate your camera.
- Verify function by first using Camera Diagnostics Hello Test.
- Register for an account for the Jager Pro Wireless Web Portal.
- Click Signin.
- Once you are signed in to the jagerprowireless.com site you will need to Add your camera(s).
- In order to Add a camera, select My Cameras | Management.
- Click the Add New Camera button.
- Turn on your camera and wait till you have a signal.
- Press Menu and select the Wireless Menu.
- Select Register Camera. Press OK. Wait.
- If successful, the camera screen will show your Module ID (IMEI/MEID) and a Registration Code.
- Input both of these values carefully on the Add Camera web page. Click the Add button.
- If you input the values correctly you will return to the Management page on the website.
- Send a Test Picture using the instructions described above.
Note: If the Test under Diagnostics Menu succeeds, and Photos are visible from using Send Test Photo on the Photo Management page, then your camera is working. All you need to do now is to tailor your setup for your particular needs, adding email contacts, updating camera settings, etc.
Complete these steps on the portal to finish your Setup (some are optional)
- Select Region: Select My Account | Account Options. Select a Time Zone Region. Click GO.
- Input Email Contacts: [optional] Add Email Contacts: Select My Account | Email Contacts. Input one or more email addresses and click Update.
- (Note: Applies only to certain camera models)Verify you have Credits: Select My Account | Credit History and verify that you have at least one credit. A brand new camera, once added will add a free credit to your account.
- Set Delivery Options: [optional] Select My Cameras | Delivery Options and click one or more email address for each camera and click the Update button.
- Arm your camera and provide some test motion (or place in time lapse mode).
- View your uploaded photos: Select My Cameras | Manage Photos. Refresh the browser periodically or as you receive emails.
- Request Status Report: While the camera is sending photos, request a status report. Select My Cameras | Management. Check the box next to one or more cameras and click the Apply button. Refresh the browser periodically and click Command History to view the status of the requested actions.
- Change your Camera Settings: Send some updated settings to your camera. Select My Cameras | Camera Settings. Select the camera and change your settings. Click Update Camera Settings.
How to Setup and configure the Jager Pro Wireless Mobile App
The following basic steps should get your mobile app up and running on your device
- On your mobile device, download and install the Jager Pro Wireless app from either Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Launch the Mobile Application. Select Authenticate from the menu.
- From the Web Portal, Select My Cameras | Mobile Access and input Admin and Guest Access Codes.
- Add and Authenticate your camera(s).
These are the basic steps required. Below are some more detailed instructions.